May 1, 2008Filed under: Releases, ScribeFire -- Christopher Finke @ 08:30pm
We’re pleased to announce the release of ScribeFire 2.1. You can install it at Mozilla Add-ons.
The biggest change in this release is that ScribeFire now supports both Tumblr and MySpace blogs. Both can be added via the Account Wizard. Many bugs have also been fixed thanks to your great bug reports and feedback. Here’s a full list of the changes since version 2.0.2:
- Added MySpace support. (issue #33)
- Added Tumblr support.
- Categories will now be available for Blogger blogs (issue #201)
- Entering a YouTube URL in YouTube search field will now return that video for embedding. (issue #182)
- Added the “Keep Content” button back. (issue #195)
- Made publishing buttons shorter
- Made right sidebar resizable
- Fixed bug where note icon overlapped with note title
- Fix for users who could not delete notes. (issue #193)
- Fixed some bugs with “Blog This Page” (issue #205)
- Fixed issue where “more” button was not being enabled. (issue #210)
- Fix for broken image uploading when using ScribeFire in a tab (issue #214)
- Fix for “Blog This Page” not working with non-ASCII characters (issue #211)
- Various “can’t login”/”can’t add blog” issues fixed.
- Better error reporting when account setup fails.
- Fixed bug where “Save note” button would be hidden when it shouldn’t be.
- Fixed double encoding of ampersands (a.k.a. the &amp; or problem)
- Reorganized note-handling code
- Fixed broken RTL support (issue #228)
- Available in the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, German, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Thai, and Chinese (both China and Taiwan).
Once again, you can install this latest update by going to Mozilla Add-ons and clicking “Add to Firefox.”